Friday, April 17, 2009

Hovercraft (March 27 blog)

I became excited when I stumbled upon a story on the Anoka-Ramsey homepage about the Engineering and Physics club building a hovercraft. Ever since I was a little boy I wanted see an actual hovercraft in person. I was fascinated when I first came across the concept of hovercrafts in the back of a Boy's Life magazine. The ad promised to include everything necessary to build a personal hovercraft using a vacuum cleaner engine. Oh how I begged my mom every time I saw the ad, but it was no use; I would never get my hovercraft...
But soon my dream of actually seeing a hovercraft in person could be fulfilled. The Engineering/Physics club got the kit for a ten feet by five feet hovercraft through the $6 student fees charged per credit. They plan to have it complete by the end of May, which would complete the clubs first phase of the project. Phases two and three involve evaluation of the hovercraft and then deciding on possible uses for the craft. I'm interested in finding out if they plan on having a public showing when it is complete.

For the full story on the AR homepage visit: http://www.anokaramsey.edu/news/Story_606.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment