Friday, January 23, 2009

The First One...

All about blogging...

A blog is completely unique from other forms of communication in a few ways. First of all, blog is just fun to say. It's a cool word that seems to generate excitement about writing and sharing thoughts/ideas. A blog is different than just a random post on the Internet. A blog becomes a blog when it is written with passion and shared with others for the intention of receiving insightful responses, or to spark curiosity in others. A blog never stays the same, it is always changing with each new perspective given by additional readers.

The most energizing aspect of the whole blogging scene for me is definitely the scope. It's fascinating that your words and thoughts can be viewed and commented on by anyone on this planet that has access the to Internet, and it only takes a few short moments. However, blogging does provide some challenges for me personally. The biggest one would be getting started... It's sometimes tough to break that initial barrier and start writing, but once I do it usually just flows out.

15 comments:

  1. Dan I agree. I love to say "blog!" It would be far less entertaining to tell people to check out my "online journal." This energy sets the foreground for what a blog is suppose to relay. While blogging, and almost any other event, passion plays a role in the success of it. It's interesting to see how many people struggle to just start. I enjoyed your post.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan, I enjoyed your post. Blog is a fun word, isn't it? Your passion for writing shone through.

    Yes, starting is the hardest part, isn't it?

    Cathy W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you write, you make things flow together, which is pretty hard for me to do. I also like the way you descibed what a blog is, it seemed to hit the nail on the head and makes blogging sound fun. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said about a blog never staying the same because of the constant input by others. Every other kind of media seems stagnant by comparison doesn't it? Great post, I enjoy your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you when you said a blog has Passion. I also think it's interesting that you said you can write anything and anyone on the planet can view it.. i've never thought about it that way :) Nice Job!

    Jamie Groth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You write nice and your point was made loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan, I love what you and Genevieve said about how a blog never stays the same, also that media does seem to stay stagnant now a days. My dad always told me as I was a growing boy that "If you're through changing, you're through."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan,
    I agree, to start a thought is difficult. I also like the word Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I pretty much agree with you guys. Blog is a fun word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dan, I really like your writing style! Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dan,
    Can you say blog super fast ten times in a row?
    It's tricky, but if your compassion for the word blog is legit, I doubt it will be a problem.
    I throughly enjoyed your words and ideas! I also had fun imagining someone in France or Germany scrolling through our journalism blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice first blog, looking forward to more. Blog Blog Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a really nice writing style with really good organization. You also had a lot of good points in your blog (that is a fun word). Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A blog definitely is not interesting to read if it is not written with passion. And like you said, it is difficult to get started. But once you do, it's almost addicting.

    ReplyDelete